Introducing New Smart Backup Profiles
NEW SUPER-CHARGED BACKUP PROFILES FOR THEMES, PLUGINS & MEDIA FILES
With BackupBuddy’s new smart backup profiles, you get granular control over the contents of your WordPress backups. Now you can really backup as much or as little as you want with each backup profile. Check out new smart backup profiles to backup themes only, plugins only or media files for just backing up those parts of the site.
You’ll find the new Smart Backup Profiles on the BackupBuddy > Backup screen.
BackupBuddy’s new smart backup profiles are a huge win for people with large sites or slow servers and for those wanting GRANULAR control of what gets backed up.
Smart profiles also make it EASY to back upvarious key areas of your WordPress site separately ‘out of the box’. For example, you could create a new Profile called “Everything but media, plugins, and themes” and set it to back up everything else on the site easily.
- New Smart Backup Profiles for Themes, Plugins & Media – Backup various portions of your WordPress site to break up backups or download zip files of these key areas of your site.
- Create Custom Backup Profiles – Create custom backup profiles with an initial backup type of full, database only, any smart profile type, or custom files for a blank slate. You can also create custom profiles with optional custom backup root to only backup a specific directories.
- Backup a Specific Directory (Even Paths Outside the WordPress Directory) – Prior to 8.0, BackupBuddy backed up everything in the site root and you had to exclude what you didn’t want. Now you can just backup a specific directory.
- Powerful Exclusions – Any profile can also auto-exclude the media, themes, and/or plugins directory. All profiles can use global or custom directory/ file exclusions
1. A HUGE PERFORMANCE BOOST FOR STASH LIVE’S REAL-TIME WORDPRESS BACKUPS
The last major version of BackupBuddy included a new real-time WordPress backup system called Stash Live (included for free for all BackupBuddy users). Stash Live works by making a real-time WordPress backup that takes a big load off your own server.
BackupBuddy Stash Live makes a of your site, streaming your database and files over to BackupBuddy Stash where you can make a Snapshot (a zip file) of your full site, your database, your plugins and your themes. In 8.0, Stash Live can now handle much larger sites with less resource usage so you can always have a real-time backup as changes are made to your website.
2. IMPORTBUDDY IMPROVEMENTS
, BackupBuddy’s tool for moving WordPress sites to a new host and domain, includes some new features to solve some user pain points, plus some new UI improvements. ImportBuddy now includes options for resetting a forgotten password & keeping or changing the Search Engine Visibility option.
3. NEW DEPLOYMENT PREVIEWS
BackupBuddy’s Deployment feature allows you to push and pull changes from a to a live site. In 8.0, now you can preview what will be transferred during Deployment without actually having to run it . Prior to this update, you got very little information about what would be transmitted during Deployment (like the number of files, or a huge list of plugins ). Now you can easily see which plugins will transfer with color-coding and even view the actual files that will be sent.